Project Facility Engineer
based in the Netherlands at our Alblasserdam and/or Zwijndrecht facilities
Welcome to Oceanco!
Oceanco specialises in building large custom yachts up to 140 meters in length. Offering a highly personalised service to clients, Oceanco applies innovative design and technology to create one-of-a-kind bespoke yachts that respect the vision of both the Owner and the designer.
We are a project-oriented management company outsourcing the main yacht building packages to our strategic co-makers. It is with pride and passion that we guide our clients through the journey to build his/her perfect yacht. Our desire to offer our Owners the perfect yacht goes hand-in-hand with a significant responsibility to reduce its impact. We are innovative—unique in what we do and how we do it because we challenge ourselves to do better each time.
We believe in teamwork. Together we create an environment in which employees work together every day from conception to completion of our yachts. We learn from each other and maximise our collective and personal potential.
It does not matter which position you hold or which team you are part of, we will encourage you to spread your wings and grow in your ambitions.
To enhance our growth, we are looking for proud, passionate, committed people to create and complete our inspiring teams!
What will be your challenge?
In this role you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- You are, as Project Facility Engineer, part of one of our inspiring project teams that realise our yachts. You report to the Project Manager Production
- Organisation of all facility services on board of our yachts. This means, organise on a day-to-day basis project bound services in and around the yacht provided by third parties and monitor progress and quality of work
- Plan and organise (large) internal transports in cooperation with the Logistic Service Provider
- Monitor and maintain order and cleanliness in and around the yacht
- Coordination of facility services linked to special activities (e.g. load-in / load-out and sea trials)
- Ensure that correct signaling is present at the building site and monitor correct handling of waste
- Specify required facility services on board, materials and/or equipment. If required hand over to (Project-)Buyer for purchasing and/or setting up framework agreements
- You are pro-active and problem-solving in your approach. You work in aligned co-makership with our partners and see and realise possible synergies based on your expertise and mutual respect.
What do we ask for?
- Secondary Vocational Education with relevant work experience (MBO+)
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience preferably in maritime industry and/or yacht building industry
- You recognise yourself in the following competences: taking responsibility, adaptability, planning and organizing, collaboration
- You are a proud and passioned technical professional that is eager to learn
- Knowledge of MS office applications
- A good command of written and spoken English
What do we offer?
- A challenging full-time function within an unique, international and leading-edge yacht building company
- An inspiring environment with great possibilities for personal development and education
- Competitive primary and excellent secondary employment conditions
- CAO Metalektro
- Active staff association that organises fun trips, social get- togethers with colleagues, sports events, and other festivities
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy and/or responses from recruitment agencies are not appreciated.