based in the Netherlands at our Alblasserdam and/or Zwijndrecht facilities
Welcome to Oceanco!
Oceanco specialises in building large custom yachts up to 140 meters in length. Offering a highly personalised service to clients, Oceanco applies innovative design and technology to create one-of-a-kind bespoke yachts that respect the vision of both the Owner and the designer.
We are a project-oriented management company outsourcing the main yacht building packages to our strategic co-makers. It is with pride and passion that we guide our clients through the journey to build his/her perfect yacht. Our desire to offer our Owners the perfect yacht goes hand-in-hand with a significant responsibility to reduce its impact. We are innovative—unique in what we do and how we do it because we challenge ourselves to do better each time.
We believe in teamwork. Together we create an environment in which employees work together every day from conception to completion of our yachts. We learn from each other and maximise our collective and personal potential.
It does not matter which position you hold or which team you are part of, we will encourage you to spread your wings and grow in your ambitions.
To enhance our growth, we are looking for proud, passionate, committed people to create and complete our inspiring teams!
What will be your challenge?
In this role you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- You are, as Project Manager Engineering, part of one of our inspiring project teams that realise our yachts. You report directly to the Project Director.
- You participate in the set-up of the integral, level 2 - and resource planning in close co-operation with Project Core Team members and involved third parties
- You assign work packages to Engineering Coordinators and Engineering third parties and ensure timely delivery of agreed, accurate and complete Engineering documentation, in the right quality, in accordance with the Building Specifications and associated contractual terms and conditions and applicable Oceanco standards
- You continuously monitor and align all internal and external multidisciplinary expertise to maximise efficiency and profitability
- You are the accountable point of contact for all Engineering related matters . Build and maintain a working relationship with the Owner’s Representative and involved third parties.
- You solve upcoming issues and/or problems and you discuss the scope, quality and delivery performance on a project level with third parties and project team;
- You prepare monthly a report to provide manager with relevant data for reporting project status and performance the work in such a way that goals are achieved in time.
- You work closely together in aligned co-makership with our Partners and see and realise possible synergies based on your expertise and mutual respect team in line with HR Policy and corporate values.
- Stimulate knowledge, competence and career development of your Engineering Team pro-actively. Focus on continuous improvement of product and processes.
What do we ask for?
- University or Higher Vocational Education with relevant working experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience preferably in maritime industry and/or yacht building industry
- You recognise yourself in the following competences; Helicopter view, anticipating, giving responsibility, conflict management and experienced.
- You oversee the big picture and have a comprehensive view of the entire process
- You are pro-active and problem-solving in your approach
- You are a proud and passionate teamplayer that is eager to learn
- Knowledge of MS office applications and preferably AutoCad and Rhinoceros
- A good command of written and spoken English
What do we offer?
- A challenging full-time function within an unique, international and leading-edge yacht building company
- An inspiring environment with great possibilities for personal development and education
- Competitive primary and excellent secondary employment conditions
- CAO Metalektro
- Active staff association that organises fun trips, social get-togethers with colleagues, sports events, and other festivities
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy and/or responses from recruitment agencies are not appreciated.