based in the Netherlands at our Alblasserdam and/or Zwijndrecht facilities
Welcome to Oceanco!
Oceanco specialises in building large custom yachts up to 140 meters in length. Offering a highly personalised service to clients, Oceanco applies innovative design and technology to create one-of-a-kind bespoke yachts that respect the vision of both the Owner and the designer.
We are a project-oriented management company outsourcing the main yacht building packages to our strategic co-makers. It is with pride and passion that we guide our clients through the journey to build his/her perfect yacht. Our desire to offer our Owners the perfect yacht goes hand-in-hand with a significant responsibility to reduce its impact. We are innovative—unique in what we do and how we do it because we challenge ourselves to do better each time.
We believe in teamwork. Together we create an environment in which employees work together every day from conception to completion of our yachts. We learn from each other and maximise our collective and personal potential.
It does not matter which position you hold or which team you are part of, we will encourage you to spread your wings and grow in your ambitions.
To enhance our growth, we are looking for proud, passionate, committed people to create and complete our inspiring teams!
What will be your challenge?
In this role you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- As a Project Controller you are part of one of our inspiring project teams that realise our yachts. You report directly to the Project Director
- You are responsible for the overall financial management (control) of one or two projects. This includes monitoring the project and its financial performance (compared to budget), forecasting and secure up-to-date, accurate and complete financial project information to enable early detection of (financial) risks
- You develop, calculate and advise about possible scenario’s, cash and/or risk management as a basis for decision making by Project Director. Maximise profit of project on hand through overseeing the project, anticipating on and/or influencing stakeholders, actively picking up opportunities that might occur and/or mitigate any possible risk that might endanger profitability
- You maintain balance between the project’s financial performance and the company’s financial performance. You present, clarify and/or explain project status and financial project performance. Prepare and present change orders to owner and owner’s representative. Handle owner related financial and legal matters (invoices, guarantees, delivery documentation, owner’s supplies, bank guarantees, insurance, VAR etc.)
- You lead, manage, develop and motivate assigned Project Administrator
What do we ask for?
- Accountancy RA and/or RC (Master’s degree)
- You recognise yourself in the following competences; Problem solving ability, result orientation, persuasiveness
- You oversee the big picture and have a comprehensive view of the entire process
- You are pro-active and problem-solving in your approach
- You are a proud and passioned professional that is eager to learn
- Knowledge of MS office applications
- A good command of written and spoken English
What do we offer?
- A challenging full-time function within an unique, international and leading-edge yacht building company
- An inspiring environment with great possibilities for personal development and education
- Competitive primary and excellent secondary employment conditions
- CAO Metalektro
- Active staff association that organises fun trips, social get- togethers with colleagues, sports events, and other festivities
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy and/or responses from recruitment agencies are not appreciated.