based in the Netherlands at our Alblasserdam and/or Zwijndrecht facilities
Welcome to Oceanco!
Oceanco specialises in building large custom yachts up to 140 meters in length. Offering a highly personalised service to clients, Oceanco applies innovative design and technology to create one-of-a-kind bespoke yachts that respect the vision of both the Owner and the designer.
We are a project-oriented management company outsourcing the main yacht building packages to our strategic co-makers. It is with pride and passion that we guide our clients through the journey to build his/her perfect yacht. Our desire to offer our Owners the perfect yacht goes hand-in-hand with a significant responsibility to reduce its impact. We are innovative—unique in what we do and how we do it because we challenge ourselves to do better each time.
We believe in teamwork. Together we create an environment in which employees work together every day from conception to completion of our yachts. We learn from each other and maximise our collective and personal potential.
It does not matter which position you hold or which team you are part of, we will encourage you to spread your wings and grow in your ambitions.
To enhance our growth, we are looking for proud, passionate, committed people to create and complete our inspiring teams!
What will be your challenge?
In this role you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- As a Lead Engineer you are part of one of our inspiring project teams that realise our yachts
- You report to the Engineering Coordinator. Based on specific and in depth technical knowledge of your expertise you review and discuss Project Development information and work demarcation during the pre-building process. The Lead Engineer is dedicated to and has in-depth expertise in a single technical discipline. We distinguish the disciplines construction, outfit, systems, piping, electrical and interior.
- During the engineering process you are monitoring quality of engineering work ensuring correct interfacing and integration of all data with other disciplines. Among other things, you ensure in time correct plan drawings and technical specifications in compliance with the Building Specification and all applicable standards, design codes, rules and regulations. You review and approve engineering documentation and completeness of scope. If necessary you initiate corrective measures to solve upcoming complex technical problems and monitor follow-up to ensure timely the required high quality output
- You organise the work in such a way that goals are achieved in time. You work closely together in aligned co-makership with our Partners and see and realise possible synergies based on your expertise and mutual respect
What do we ask for?
- Higher Vocational Education or Secondary Vocational Education with relevant work experience (MBO+) related in the due discipline
- Minimal 5 years’ experience preferably in maritime industry and/or yacht building industry
- You recognise yourself in the following competences; Analytical, persuasive, result-oriented, passionate and proud team player
- You are pro-active and problem-solving in your approach
- You are a proud and passionate teamplayer that is eager to learn
- Knowledge of MS office applications, AutoCad and/or Rhinoceros
- A good command of written and spoken English
What do we offer?
- A challenging full-time function within an unique, international and leading-edge yacht building company
- An inspiring environment with great possibilities for personal development and education
- Competitive primary and excellent secondary employment conditions
- CAO Metalektro
- Active staff association that organises fun trips, social get- togethers with colleagues, sports events, and other festivities
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy and/or responses from recruitment agencies are not appreciated.