Project Buyer Life Cycle Support
based in the Netherlands at our Alblasserdam and/or Zwijndrecht facilities
Welcome to Oceanco!
Oceanco specialises in building large custom yachts up to 140 meters in length. Offering a highly personalised service to clients, Oceanco applies innovative design and technology to create one-of-a-kind bespoke yachts that respect the vision of both the Owner and the designer.
We are a project-oriented management company outsourcing the main yacht building packages to our strategic co-makers. It is with pride and passion that we guide our clients through the journey to build his/her perfect yacht. Our desire to offer our Owners the perfect yacht goes hand-in-hand with a significant responsibility to reduce its impact. We are innovative—unique in what we do and how we do it because we challenge ourselves to do better each time.
We believe in teamwork. Together we create an environment in which employees work together every day from conception to completion of our yachts. We learn from each other and maximise our collective and personal potential.
It does not matter which position you hold or which team you are part of, we will encourage you to spread your wings and grow in your ambitions.
To enhance our growth, we are looking for proud, passionate, committed people to create and complete our inspiring teams!
What will be your challenge?
In this role you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- As a Project Buyer Life Cycle Support you are part of our inspiring team that realizes refit and fleet support projects on our (older) yachts.
- You oversee the entire supply chain process with the (tight) planning in order to realize timely and qualitative supply.
- You organize follow up meetings with suppliers after order, especially for long lead items and suppliers with integrated engineering.
- You participate actively in the different project teams and support the execution of the planning by being in control of the entire procurement process.
- You negotiate and order the equipment or service, including the RFQ process and organize our subcontractors to follow planning.
- Monitor progress of the supplier for timely and accurate execution of the order.
- Identify and solve operational and contractual issues with the supplier; in close cooperation with the Project Team.
- You identify bottle-necks in the procurement process and anticipate solutions in close cooperation with the project team
- You identify risks in terms & conditions and advise the project team on how to mitigate these risks.
- You build and maintain a working relationship with involved third parties (co-makers and subcontractors).
- You work in aligned co-makership with our partners and see and realise possible synergies based on your expertise and mutual respect.
What do we ask for?
- University or Higher Vocational Education with relevant working experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience preferably in yacht building and/or refit projects
- You recognise yourself in the following competences; Analytical ability, Collaboration, Exactitude, Persuasiveness.
- You oversee the big picture and have a comprehensive view of the entire process
- You are pro-active and problem-solving in your approach
- You are a proud and passionate professional that is eager to learn
- Knowledge of MS office applications and Navision
- A good command of written and spoken English
What do we offer?
- A challenging full-time function within a unique, international and leading-edge yacht building company
- An inspiring environment with great possibilities for personal development and education
- Competitive primary and excellent secondary employment conditions
- Collective agreement Metalektro
- Active staff association that organises fun trips, social get- togethers with colleagues, sports events, and other festivities
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy and/or responses from recruitment agencies are not appreciated.