Project Manager Production Refit (temporary)
based in the Netherlands at our Alblasserdam and/or Zwijndrecht facilities
Welcome to Oceanco!
Oceanco offers its’ unique clients the possibility to come to Alblasserdam or Zwijndrecht. Offering a highly personalised service to clients, Oceanco applies innovative solutions and technology to refit and upgrade one-of-a-kind bespoke yachts that respect the vision of both the Owner and the Designer
Our Refit team is part of our Life Cycle Support Cluster and works closely with the client and our strategic co-makers to meet all clients’ expectations. Where possible we even upgrade the yacht to be more sustainable so that it can reduce its’ impact on the environment.
We believe in teamwork. Together we create an environment in which employees work together every day from start to completion of our projects. We learn from each other and maximize our collective and personal potential.
To facilitate the refit process of one of our yachts, we are looking for a proud, passionate, committed Project Manager Production Refit for the period starting as soon as possible and ending around April 2022.
What will be your challenge?
In this role you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- As a Project Manager Production Refit you are part of one of our inspiring project teams that realize refit projects on ‘our’ yachts. You report directly to the Project Manager
- You focus on the startup of the project and continuous improvement of product and processes
- You participate in the set-up of the integral project planning and set-up production planning accordingly
- You continuously monitor and align all internal and external multidisciplinary expertise to maximize efficiency and profitability
- You build and maintain a working relationship with involved third parties (e.g. co-makers, subcontractors and Owner’s representatives). To solve upcoming issues and/or problems you discuss the scope, quality and delivery performance on a project level with third parties and project team
- You organise the work in such a way that goals are achieved in time. You work closely together in aligned co-makership with our Partners and see and realise possible synergies based on your expertise and mutual respect
- You lead, manage, develop and motivate assigned team in line with HR Policy and corporate values. Stimulate knowledge, competence and career development of subordinates pro-actively
What do we ask for?
- Higher Vocational Education or Secondary Vocational Education with relevant work experience (MBO+)
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role within a similar environment
- You recognize yourself in the following competences; Helicopter view, perseverance decisiveness, persuasiveness
- You oversee the big picture and have a comprehensive view of the entire process
- You are pro-active and problem-solving in your approach
- You are a proud and passioned professional that is eager to learn
- Knowledge of MS office applications
- A good command of written and spoken English
What do we offer?
- A challenging full-time function within a unique, international and leading-edge yacht building company
- An inspiring environment with great possibilities for personal development and education
- Competitive primary and excellent secondary employment conditions
- CAO Metalektro
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy and/or responses from recruitment agencies are not appreciated.