based in the Netherlands at our Alblasserdam and/or Zwijndrecht facilities
Welcome to Oceanco!
Oceanco specialises in building large custom yachts up to 140 meters in length. Offering a highly personalised service to clients, Oceanco applies innovative design and technology to create one-of-a-kind bespoke yachts that respect the vision of both the Owner and the Designer.
We are a project-oriented management company outsourcing the main yacht building packages to our strategic co-makers. It is with pride and passion that we guide our clients through the journey to build their perfect yacht. Our desire to offer our Owners the perfect yacht goes hand-in-hand with a significant responsibility to reduce its impact on the environment?
We are innovative—unique in what we do and how we do it because we challenge ourselves to do better each time.
We believe in teamwork. Together we create an environment in which employees work together every day from conception to completion of our yachts. We learn from each other and maximise our collective and personal potential.
It does not matter which position you hold or which team you are part of, we will encourage you to spread your wings and grow in your ambitions.
To enhance our growth, we are looking for proud, passionate, committed people to create and complete our inspiring teams!
What will be your challenge?
In this role you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- As an Engineering Coordinator you are part of one of our inspiring project teams that realise our yachts
- You report to the Project Manager Engineering. You supervise and realise in time availability of all engineering documents of the technical discipline that is assigned to you. The Engineering Coordinator is dedicated to and has in-depth expertise in a single technical discipline. We distinguish the disciplines Construction, Outfit, Systems, Piping, Electrical and Interior. In assigning Engineering coordinators to a discipline the main expertise of the employee is taken into consideration
- You develop a detailed planning and delivery schedule for engineering documentation in close cooperation with your manager and involved third parties. You act as first point of contact for Regulatory Authorities, Owner’s Representative, Designers and Subcontractors to monitor day-to-day progress and alignment of engineering work. You solve upcoming planning and progress problems and adjust and align all parties involved. You instruct third parties about standards and working methods. You ensure a timely and accurate information flow, both internally and externally
- You are result-oriented in your approach and plan and organize the work in such a way that goals are achieved in time. You work closely together in aligned co-makership with our Partners and see and realise possible synergies based on your expertise and mutual respect.
- You lead, develop and motivate functionally assigned team of subordinate in-house professionals
What do we ask for?
- Higher Vocational Education or Secondary Vocational Education with relevant work experience (MBO+) related in the due discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience preferably in maritime industry and/or yacht building industry
- You recognise yourself in the following competences; Decisive, persuasive, customer-oriented
- You see the big picture and have a comprehensive view of the entire process
- You are a proud and passioned technical professional that is eager to learn
- You are pro-active and problem-solving in your approach
- In depth knowledge and experience related to your technical expertise
- Knowledge of MS office applications, AutoCad and/or Rhinoceros
- A good command of written and spoken English
What do we offer?
- A challenging full-time function within an unique, international and leading-edge yacht building company
- An inspiring environment with great possibilities for personal development and education
- Competitive primary and excellent secondary employment conditions
- CAO Metalektro
- Active staff association that organises fun trips, social get- togethers with colleagues, sport events, and other festivities
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy and/or responses from recruitment agencies are not appreciated.