QHSE- Manager Internal Audit
based in the Netherlands at our Alblasserdam and/or Zwijndrecht facilities
Welcome to Oceanco!
Oceanco specialises in building large custom yachts up to 140 meters in length. Offering a highly personalised service to clients, Oceanco applies innovative design and technology to create one-of-a-kind bespoke yachts that respect the vision of both the Owner and the designer.
We are a project-oriented management company outsourcing the main yacht building packages to our strategic co-makers. It is with pride and passion that we guide our clients through the journey to build his/her perfect yacht. Our desire to offer our Owners the perfect yacht goes hand-in-hand with a significant responsibility to reduce its impact. We are innovative—unique in what we do and how we do it because we challenge ourselves to do better each time.
We believe in teamwork. Together we create an environment in which employees work together every day from conception to completion of our yachts. We learn from each other and maximise our collective and personal potential.
It does not matter which position you hold or which team you are part of, we will encourage you to spread your wings and grow in your ambitions.
To enhance our growth, we are looking for proud, passionate, committed people to create and complete our inspiring teams!
What will be your challenge?
To ensure throughout the organization (both in projects and in clusters) compliance with internal processes, procedures and (quality) standards in order to minimize potential risk exposure (project and reputational), to secure and improve the profitability of the organization and projects and to contribute to continuous improvement.
Setup Quality Assurance structure including internal audit function
- Set-up a Quality Assurance structure to safeguard:
- Compliance with internal processes, procedures, (quality) standards.
- OSBIT (On Spec, within Budget, in Time) requirements
- Continuous improvement (e.g. improvement of business processes and procedures, increase efficiency and productivity, efficient use of resources, eliminate wasteful spending, ensure competitive bidding by services and material suppliers).
- Adequacy and effectiveness of Risk Management and Internal Control System to ensure minimal risk exposure (project reputational).
- Plan, develop and write Internal Audit Strategy.
Systems Management and Control – audit adherence to processes and procedures
- Develop and maintain an internal audit manual.
- Audit all running entities, clusters and projects with identifying risk, improvement opportunities and adherence to procedures and standards.
- Act and intervene, if necessary, at the highest level, to ensure adherence to and consistency of systems and policies.
- Support Directors in the development of mitigating measures.
- Monitor, follow up and report on implementation of improvements.
- Stimulate and drive (quality) system, policy and cost awareness within entity, project and cluster teams.
- Manage possible exceptions and reviews and approves changes in internal processes, procedures and (quality) standards.
What do we ask for?
- University or Higher Vocational Education with relevant working experience
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience preferably in technical, maritime and/or yacht building industry. Experience with performing internal audits and at least 3 years in a Managerial role.
- You recognise yourself in the following competences; Result Orientation, Autonomy, Exactitude and Helicopter View.
- You oversee the big picture and have a comprehensive view of the entire process
- You are pro-active and problem-solving in your approach
- You are a proud and passionate team player that is eager to learn
- A good command of written and spoken English
What do we offer?
- A challenging full-time function within an unique, international and leading-edge yacht building company
- An inspiring environment with great possibilities for personal development and education
- Competitive primary and excellent secondary employment conditions
- CAO Metalektro
- Active staff association that organises fun trips, social get-togethers with colleagues, sports events, and other festivities
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy and/or responses from recruitment agencies are not appreciated.