based in the Netherlands at our Alblasserdam and/or Zwijndrecht facilities
Welcome to Oceanco!
Oceanco specialises in building large custom yachts up to 140 meters in length. Offering a highly personalised service to clients, Oceanco applies innovative design and technology to create one-of-a-kind bespoke yachts that respect the vision of both the Owner and the designer.
We are a project-oriented management company outsourcing the main yacht building packages to our strategic co-makers. It is with pride and passion that we guide our clients through the journey to build his/her perfect yacht. Our desire to offer our Owners the perfect yacht goes hand-in-hand with a significant responsibility to reduce its impact. We are innovative—unique in what we do and how we do it because we challenge ourselves to do better each time.
We believe in teamwork. Together we create an environment in which employees work together every day from conception to completion of our yachts. We learn from each other and maximise our collective and personal potential.
It does not matter which position you hold or which team you are part of, we will encourage you to spread your wings and grow in your ambitions.
To enhance our growth, we are looking for proud, passionate, committed people to create and complete our inspiring teams!
What will be your challenge?
In this role you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- As an Area Manager you are part of one of our inspiring project teams that realise our yachts
- You report to the Project Manager Production. You manage and realise the multidisciplinary build up and full completion of an area of the yacht assigned by your manager (An area is a logic total of consecutive compartments of the project)
- The technical disciplines we distinguish are Interior, Machinery and Outfit. In assigning Area Managers to an area the main expertise (Interior) of the employee is taken into consideration
- You develop a detailed planning and delivery schedule materials and equipment for the assigned area in close co-operation with your manager and involved third parties. You act as first point of contact for supervisors and site management of co-makers and subcontractors, to monitor day-to-day progress and alignment of production output. You solve upcoming planning and progress problems and adjust and align all parties involved. You monitor timely and accurate quality management and control by the Supervisor of the relevant production discipline. You organise and chair meetings to ensure integration of various technical disciplines and (third) parties involved. You ensure a timely and accurate information flow, both internally and externally
- You are result-oriented in your approach and plan and organize the work in such a way that goals are achieved in time. You work closely together in aligned co-makership and see and realise possible synergies based on your expertise and mutual respect.
What do we ask for?
- Higher Vocational Education or Secondary Vocational Education with relevant work experience (MBO+) related in the due discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience preferably in maritime industry and/or yacht building industry
- You recognise yourself in the following competences; Result oriented, pro-active, well organised, communicative team player and works methodically
- You are a proud and passioned technical professional that is eager to learn
- You are pro-active and problem-solving in your approach
- In depth knowledge and experience related to your technical expertise
- Knowledge of MS office applications
- A good command of written and spoken English
What do we offer?
- A challenging full-time function within an unique, international and leading-edge yacht building company
- An inspiring environment with great possibilities for personal development and education
- Competitive primary and excellent secondary employment conditions
- CAO Metalektro
- Active staff association that organises fun trips, social get- togethers with colleagues, sports events, and other festivities
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy and/or responses from recruitment agencies are not appreciated.